background

Friday, June 19, 2009

Blast from the past.....

This past weekend we went to GATORLAND!! I have not been there in over 30 years. I remember photos of my brother and me from years past, just like the one of Hannah and Abe here. Gatorland has been there for about 60 years - and I think a lot of the gators in their big swamp are original residents!! THEY. ARE. HUGE. And very well fed.
Abe found one running loose and decided to catch it! Just kiddin'

Hannah on the other hand wasn't so lucky!
It is nesting season and all kinds of wild birds (herons of one sort or another seemed to be the main species) were either sitting on eggs - or keeping up with new hatchlings.
and usually, right under all of the nests was a gator waiting for mana from the sky....or a baby from the nest....luckily we didn't see any of that, although I don't think Hannah would mind. She is our resident ornithophobic!!

I am not sure if this picture will actually do the size of this gator justice. He was monsterous!!
And we all got a kick (even Hannah) out of the bird with his solar panels out!! There has also been some home improvements of sorts going on, too. And Nate's new job - but I am not going to post it all here - gotta spread it out so that when I post two or three days in a row you get all impressed and stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment