background

Friday, December 23, 2011

Bathroom Redo

I did forget to mention our new master bathroom remodel that Nate has been working on.  It's finally done (except for my last little bit of plastering, which, I'm not crazy about the results, but the thought of re-doing it is even more depressing).

For those of you lucky enough to never see our "before" - the vanity area was open to the bedroom (kind of like a hotel room). Not very sleeper friendly, when you have one person working days and the other nights.  We had some fabric that we had up as a wall of sorts, but certainly not ideal.  We only had one sink, and that counter - well - it was just always cluttered!!!

We (by "we", I mean Nate) built a wall and installed a pocket door,  "we" tiled the whole area, and installed a new toilet.  "We" put together a new vanity and also installed two new vessel sinks that we (and there, I do me we two) purchased at least two years age, in hopes that we would one day, we'd really get to the bathroom.
Before.....
.....After
(somewhat) Before (you can see the fabric "wall" that we were using)
After
This is shower/toilet before - we wanted to redo the entire shower, but we also wanted to keep the costs to a minimun.


Notice the beautiful wallpaper - yay, wallpaper!

Did I mention, that I despise removing wallpaper - this was the biggest PIA.

Now, here is my aforementioned plaster job (in process) that I am not thrilled with, and therefore, have not finished.  Which is beginning to irk Nate.

Tile work before....

And after.

So, since we decided that the shower redo at this time was just more than we wanted to spend at this time of year, we threw up a shower curtain, and found we actually weren't disappointed with the ourcome.

THIS is was the plaster was supposed to look like.  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

And this is what it's not supposed to look like.  My choices are, live with it for now, or repaint and replaster - I'm choosing the former, for now anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment